How to Fix McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue – McAfee Antivirus helps in securing the system from malware, threats, and unwanted corrupted files. The McAfee Antivirus is the most preferred and best antivirus for the protection of the system. But sometimes you may face some technical glitches and errors while using the Antivirus Protection. To resolve those issues, check out our blog on How to Fix McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue.
All the users should keep a check on the subscription plans of the Antivirus service for which they are paying off. Upgrade the Services before reaching its expiry date. Otherwise, the user will face the McAfee not responding issues. Also, the user will have to pay again for the subscription so that the antivirus application can function properly. For more information and methods to fix the issue, read the blog – How to Fix McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue.
Different Ways to Fix the McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue
There are many ways through which the user can fix McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue easily.
Method 1 – Reboot your PC / Laptop
Sometimes a simple reboot fixes all the errors and issues of your system. So, just reboot your system, it may resolve McAfee Antivirus Scanning Issue.
Method 2 – Enable the Access Protection on your System
To enable the access protection on your system, follow the instructions step by step.
- Open your McAfee product.
- Click on the Navigation option or Click on cog at the top right corner of your screen
- Click on the General Settings and Alerts option.
- Now the user needs to click on Access Protection and then select the Use Access Protection option in the checkbox.
- Click on the Apply option and then restart your system.
Method 3 – Uninstall and Reinstall the McAfee Antivirus on your System
By uninstalling the McAfee Antivirus and again reinstalling may fix the occurring error. To uninstall and install the McAfee Antivirus, check out the steps-
- Click on the Install option and the installation procedure will be started on your system. For more brief elaboration regarding the uninstalling and installing procedure, you can visit the previous blog for more information.
- After this step, you will get a notification on your system screen regarding the removal and delete of the existing version of McAfee version on your system, while the installation procedure will going on.
- Accept all the norms and protocols by agreeing with the All terms and Conditions option which is showing on your system screen.
- When the installation process gets complete, McAfee Antivirus will automatically scan the whole system to make sure that the whole system is clean and secure. One can also repeat the scanning process if one wants.
Some Quick Methods to Resolve the McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issue
Here are some quick methods or we can say that immediate fix to resolve the McAfee Antivirus not Scanning Issues.
- Check whether your system is connected properly and have good internet connections.
- If you have good network access then make sure that you are running the latest version of McAfee Antivirus on your system.
- Check the system, it should not have any other installed Antivirus in it. If the system has another Antivirus installed then it might be the reason for the occurring error in the updation.
- Repeat the uninstall and reinstall process of McAfee Antivirus and after that look for the updates on your system.
Factors Behind the McAfee Antivirus Not Working Issues
Below are the few listed factors behind the McAfee Antivirus Not working issues.
- The user may follow the wrong procedure for the un-installation of the Antivirus. There is a maximum possibility of this factor. In most of the cases the user doesn’t belong from any technical background and that is why he doesn’t have sufficient knowledge regarding the technical issues. So, they may raise this error without any intention of doing it.
- Your system may not respond after installing the antivirus in it. The device might not support the antivirus and its features which is resulted in the slow speed of the system functioning and rising errors.
- McAfee Antivirus Protection is an antivirus software that keeps generating software updates from time to time. It is the duty of every user to keep a check on the updates of the software and always use the latest version of McAfee Antivirus for the proper and smooth running of the device.
- There is all the probability of occurring errors due to the installation of McAfee Antivirus. When the antivirus is not installed properly on your system.
- Sometimes when the product of Antivirus reaches its expiry date then the user may face this error. It is an alarming caution for the user to upgrade the product for continue the services.
We are here to help you out from every issue. In case of any query, you can contact us through our toll-free number 1-844-554-9111. Our experts will guide you in the right direction.